1. We used basic image searching on the internet to research and save snowflake pictures.
2. We used the app Superimpose to eliminate the backgrounds to all our images so that only the snowflakes remained.
3. We used the app Sketchbook Pro to learn layers and create a composition with some of the snowflakes. Students learned how to enlarge/shrink/rotate the snowflakes. We discussed what a 'good' composition would look like.
4. Students shared their final designs with me using AirDrop and I printed them out.
5. Students taped their designs onto their carving foam and traced their snowflakes by pressing hard with a sharp pencil. This is how the design carves into the foam.
6. This week, we finally were able to do some printing! See images below (some are the printing plates, and some are the final prints):