Students used sharpie, oil pastel, Crayola markers, paintbrushes with water.
- After being introduced to Claude Monet’s Water Lilies (above), students pointed out what they saw in his pond and brainstormed what else can be seen in a pond.
- Students then used sharpie to design their own pond, drawing fish, lily pads, crabs, seaweed, etc. on their coffee filters.
- Oil pastel was used to color in their pond objects.
- Next, students scribbled and filled the rest of the coffee filter with a variety of blue, purple, and turquoise Crayola markers.
- For the magic trick, we painted with water over the marker and watched the scribbles spread and blend into one another, creating a super cool water-like effect