Step 1: Practice drawing the basket of apples and background with Mrs. Vance in a sketchbook
- Draw an oval
- connect 2 diagonal lines
- draw a curve or "smile" to connect the 2 angled lines
- add 2 more smile lines and some vertical lines in between to create the basket
- erase out most of the back edge of the basket to make room to draw in apples
- draw in apples, overlapped and stacked
- draw apple(s) outside of basket/on table or ground
- add stems as shown by Mrs. Vance remembering that some apples would be sideways or upside down in the basket.
- add a Horizon Line / table line.
Step 3: Paint the background using tempera cake paints... they act a bit like watercolor.
Next week, most classes will be using regular tempera paint to paint in their basket and apples!