Yellow + Blue= Green
Blue + Red= Purple (or Violet)
Red + Yellow= Orange
Students used only primary-colored pieces of tissue paper and layered them to create colorful abstract collages. They predicted which new colors would be created as they overlapped the different colors of tissue paper. Kindergartners used primary colored tissue paper, a transparency sheet, watered down glue, and a paintbrush to create their faux stained glass masterpieces.
Students followed the pattern: glue, tissue paper, glue.
- They painted their transparency with glue.
- Laid down pieces of tissue paper.
- Students then painted more glue on top to fully saturate the tissue paper.
- Repeat process to cover surface.
- Once dry, I pealed the tissue paper collages off their transparencies and attached them to mat board frames.